Saturday, March 21, 2009

Battlestar Galactica finale: One of Greatest of all Time


I was 130% sure that it was going to turn out they were all cylons. I was sooo wrong. The show at no point didn't tell the audience how it was, it never held any punches are shadows any beliefs behind a curtain. The writers were always upfront with the audience so I can not blame them for me not seeing the end before it happened. (I blame this on Lost having guessing ever way to Saturday trying to figure that show out.) Maybe it is this reason I loved the Finale so much because I had no idea it was going there. For all the TV shows I have watched over the years this Finale has to be in the top three. Somewhere between St. Elsewhere and Wonder Years. I can't rank them, but yes those are two of my favorites and even the no end to The Sopranos is below BattleStar. I almost forgot why we watch TV programs not just to veg out a few hours a day, but I had literally forgot what kind of entertainment value you can get from the small screen; thanks American idol and all other reality TV you have officially ruined an American pastime. This Show over the years has ran the entire range of emotions and last night it threw it all in your face with a smile and wave as it drove off into TV history.

Now on to the spoilers....

Like I said the writers never lied. They found earth, there were angels, there was a plain, there was a start and there was an end. I thought they were all cylons because of the fact that starbuck found her body and came back and that she wasn't a final 5. Well she wasn't a cylon she was an angel or a mass hallucination are the ghost of Christmas past, put is the writers told us this much and I didn't believe it. There were two other angels, but no one told anyone else they could See them too until the very end sorta comical point.

I'm not going to recap the show so if you have no idea what I'm talking about its your loss. Turns out it was a plan to get them to end the cycle of build destroy war run find build destroy.... That at the end brings the survive rs to Earth or Earth 2 or the planet were on now fuckers! It shows the planet and the indigenous people on it and the 40,000 survives give or take spread across the earth to start new lives with out the comforts of all the tech, thus explaining the missing link; genus. Skip 150,000 years into the future the same two angels everyone seen but didn't talk about. So present day or pretty close and same problems as before. One says to the other "God always has a plain", "you know he doesn't like that name" nice. Then a warning about or mindsets and were we want to go...........and I was reminded what TV use to be before voting and dancing, singing, dating, apprenticing, dog walking, and housewifeing.

Thank you BattleStar Galactica, Thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment